Chester Bennington ‘honoured to be playing Knebworth’

sonisphereSONISPHERE: AUG 1-2, a weekend camping festival at the UK’s true home of rock, Knebworth. 60,000 fans will witness titans Linkin Park and one of the biggest rock acts of all time Metallica  – headlining at the venue that has hosted massive shows from Led Zeppelin and Oasis. “As I’ve become aware of the awesome bands who have played Knebworth over the years I realise what an honour it will be for Linkin Park . This is definitely one of the big ones. You have to work on earning the respect of the fans in the UK. I would say the experiences over the years playing festivals over there, the audiences actually get better and better each time. I think it will be amazing to come out and play this festival. Obviously we’re huge fans of Metallica as well. We’ve had the pleasure of playing with them on a number of occasions.” The singer hinted about some all-new material.”I can’t promise because we’re still writing, but I’m going to put it out there that you might hear some new stuff from us.”